Monday, November 3, 2008

Oh deer...


Last night as we were driving south on I-79 through Pennsylvania,I hit a deer when it suddenly ran from the ditch in front of our vehicle. Traffic was reasonably heavy. I don't know what I could have done differently. Apparently this is mating season and a regular occurance here. Dave spotted twenty more by the side of the road as we rode to a motel in a tow truck. I feel very sad for the beautiful creature whom I obviously caused great pain. Life.
We're now in a motel which I describe as having a Zen look about it. Smile. Our vehicle is in a body shop. We're waiting to speak with the adjuster and are considering renting a van for a month while our vehicle is repaired. We haven't as yet made any decisions.
I have to laugh though because I'm here with 'my guys' (i.e. Dave and 'Rusty') and surrounded by all my favourite books, cd's, dvd's and food. Is it obvious that I've been reading the work of Byron Katie? http://byronkatie.com/

No comments: